Beaumaris is situated on the east coast of Anglesey, just across the Menai Strait from Penrhyn on the mainland. Beaumaris is famous for it’s castle, architecture, sea front and pier.
The Town also boasts many good restaurants, cafes and craft shops, making it the perfect detination for a relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Here are ten good reasons not to miss Beaumaris ..
- The Castle – Built by Edward I, Beaumaris is one of the ‘iron ring’ of North Wales castles, however was never finished as money & supplies ran out! A visual masterpiece dominating the town.
- The Strait – A unique stretch of coastline, crammed with sites of historical and scientific interest. Boat trips along this rather unusual stretch of water will take you on a guided tour of all its nooks and crannies!
- The Events – Beaumaris is host to food festivals, annual ice staking, fireworks displays, Victorian extravaganzas, there is always something going on to tempt you outdoors.
- Dining out – With a fine selection of eateries ranging from gastro pubs to fine dining, Beaumaris High Street has plenty to choose from.
- Art – Beaumaris seems to attract artists! Perhaps it is the incredible views across The Straits that draws them here. The Janet Bell gallery & shop and Steven Jones gallery are most definitely worth a visit.
- The lifeboat station – Did you know that the Beaumaris RNLI lifeboat is one of seven that were funded by the viewers of Blue Peter? Practice nights.
- The attractions – So many things to do come rain or shine. If you can tear yourself away, hop in the car and visit the Sea Zoo, Plas Newydd, Pili Palas…..the list goes on!
- The gardens – Nearby Plas Newydd and the ‘Hidden Gardens at Cadnant’ are simply stunning – one of the very few places you are likely to see a red squirrell!
- The ice cream & cakes – The bakery is well known for it’s fabulous eclairs and custards but the ice creams from Red Boat on the High St take some beating!
- Ty Ni – Ty Ni Cottage in the heart of Beaumaris is a fabulous, family friendly cottage sleeping 6 – right on the doorstep of these 9 reasons to visit!
Discover our selection of holiday cottages situated throughout beautiful North Wales.